Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blog # 10

What did you learn from Sir Ken Robinson? The YouTube video that I watched was called Sir Ken Robinson: Bringing on the learning Revolution! Here is the video on YouTubeYouTube Video. In this video I learned several things, one of the things is talent is important to each and every person. All people have talent some enjoy their talent others not so much. But sadly, some people think that they don't have any talents. Personally, I have a talent of being around young children and I enjoy it quite well which is why I would like to become a teacher.
The word talent
There is a quote that Sir Ken Robinson said in the video that Abraham Lincoln said on December of 1862: " I ought to explain that I have no idea what was happening at that time we don't teach American History in Britain we Suppress it." The 21st Century Education system is being taken for granted, the main thing that most people now are focused on is getting into college and they have a long ways to go before college. If a child wanted to get into a certain kindergarten class you would have to have an interview in order to even think about getting in. In my personal experience only the private schools require interviews with the parents as well as the up coming student. Another thing that I learned in this video talent equals passion; if you have a talent that you are interested in you have to have passion towards that talent or any talent for that matter. Another thing the video mentioned is time for talent if you don't enjoy the talent time will go so slow, if on the other hand enjoy the talent time will fly by. Another quote that Abraham Lincoln said "The dog-mere of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present the occasion is piled high with difficulty and we must rise with the occasion; as our case is new so we must think a new and act a new we must dis-enthrall ourselves and then we should save our country."
Abraham Lincoln
I think the quote means don't focus on the past, focus on the present and that the journey to the present is going to be difficult at times but that is life and you must deal with one day at a time not all at once also we should be open-mind about certain things. Here is a video that I found on YouTube by Sir Ken Robinson about the passion of talents

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leanna,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I like how you took an extra step in gathering more informative information about Sir Ken Robinson about the passion of talents. I agree with Mr. Robinson that all individuals are special; everyone has a unique talent that has to be discovered and flourished through hard work. I also think a revolution in education is needed to meet the future needs of society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you consider your talent to be working with children. Many people think talents are something like sports or tricks, but simply doing what you are passionate about can be your talent. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete