Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog # 6

What are personal learning Networks? How can they help you as a teacher? How are they formed? How can you create your own PLN? Who will be the first additions to your PLN? A Personal learning network is an informal learning network that consists of people a learner interacts with and derives knowledge from in a personal learning environment. The one thing that I think of when I hear the words Personal learning Network is Blogging. According to Dr. Strange "Once these students have a blog they won't know what to do without one." Twitter is another learning device as well and also to me face book would be the personal portion of the learning network but I don't know if it is a learning network though.
Twitter logo
I know blogging can help me when I become a teacher, It shows how creative a student can be from a teacher's point of view. It gives a little bit more information about students what are their likes, dislikes or hobbies, but it all depends on what the topic of the blog is. To me, as a teacher, twitter can show me how the students express themselves in their writing instead of them talking. Personal Learning Networks are formed by one person signing up with an account like twitter, google+ or blog and add people that you know on to your twitter or blog account. Every time you put a twitter or blog post they see if anyone sends you comments. The more you put posts up the more chances you will get more comments on those posts. When I started the blog for EDM310, all of his students added Dr. Strange first since he is our professor. After that we were assigned to add the lab assistants. I would create my own PLN for just my students in my class and I would ask them to add me there teacher as the first person to add and then add all of their other classmates as well.
Facebook logo

2 comments:

  1. I agree that personal learning networks show how creative a student really is. It also gives insight on the students' personalities as they write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make sure you proofread before you publish! Did you look into Symbaloo? It's a pretty useful tool for organizing your PLN resources. Also, you need to have working links in every blog post!

    ReplyDelete