Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog Post #1

I heard, that this class was very challenging, lots of out of class projects to do. I also heard that you don't want to miss any days in this class or you will be behind. I also heard that on occasion there will be group projects with other students in the classroom. I fear that I won't get a project turned in on time on some of the projects that we do. I fear that on some of the projects I won't know all of the terminology like I might think I know right now. I took a similar class at the college I transferred and received my Associates at Pensacola State College and we did the basics. Made sure we knew how to use all of the Microsoft programs, when we finished with the basics we used those programs to work on teaching projects. We used excel to come up with a material budget, power point to make a lesson.
AA Degree
The most difficult thing I believe in EDM310 will be that the workload will be more than I am used too. I will have to make sure constantly that everything on that checklist that you gave us is all done on time. The best way to address the most difficult aspect would be to check every task that I was supposed to do every week and check it off when I finish that task. I have no other questions, the only idea that I have right now about those questions is to never slack off, try my best, and post things on time.
USA logo

4 comments:

  1. I heard mostly the same things that you did. I feared that I would forget to do something and get counted off. I like your idea of checking off every time you finish a project. I think I will print off the checklist to keep in my binder, maybe that will help me get done in plenty of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you have a understanding of the basics. Those will be important, because you will be able to spend your time in EDM learning new programs and resources to use in the classroom. There is a lot more beyond the world of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

    Having a checklist is a great idea, just be careful and ensure you are using the most updated version of the Master Checklist if you do print it off.

    Welcome to EDM 310!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... is to never slack off, try my best, and post things on time. " An excellent commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard all of the same things you heard! The biggest advice given to me was to not procrastonate at all! I took a college class also that taught the basic of computers of it was challenging in a way so I feared this class! As far as that checklist goes I literally stare at it all day and double and triple check that i haven't missed anything!

    ReplyDelete